Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Hunger Games Weapons of Choice

Fandango's Interview of Katniss at the Bottom of this Post


Katniss' Weapon was the Bow.  To train for her part some days she drove over 60 miles.  She had to learn Archery and was required to climb walls and  do vaults and jumps.  It was lots of work but she loved it.

I had Archery for many weeks...

 Josh Hutcherson remembers, "Everyone else was learning to do the weapons and things like that.  And in this film, Peeta doesn't do a whole lot with the weapons.  So for me it was all about getting into the right physical condition, which was bigger than I was.  They wanted me to put on about 15 pounds of pure muscle for the role, so I had to eat a lot of food and I was working out five days a week -- it was very rigorous."

Katniss and Gale

For Dato, Alexander Ludwig, it was the Sword.  "We did some very intense fight training.  That's what I was focusing on the most, because that is what Cato is really," says Alexander Ludwig, "Cato's weapon of choice is a giant steel sword.  I like to think I've become very skilled with the sword..."


Cato's character is kind of brutal.  "I like to think that Cato, before he gets into the Games, is kind of popular and charming, but he's always had that violent anger inside of him.  When he gets into the Games he gets lost in this whole sick game and he almost goes insane toward the end."  Alexander Ludwig.

Fandango's Interview Video





If you're planning to celebrate today's The Hunger Games release, might we suggest a party? In this case, the fun is in the details. They may be called the Hunger Games, but nobody will go hungry with food like lamb stew with dried plums and fresh bread topped with goat cheese. Turn your home into a scene from the glamorous Capitol, and discuss what your strategies in the arena would be. For our party suggestions, keep reading.    Go here for some very cool ideas.... http://www.yumsugar.com/Hunger-Games-Party-Idea-22332471